Melrose applied to four conferences: Prairie, Granite Ridge, West Central, and
All four conferences voted us down unanimously.
Our MSHSL number for placing Melrose into classes and sections this year is 439.
This is the number of students in Melrose grades 9‐12 that the MSHSL recognizes.
We have 64 Hispanic students in grades 9‐12 this year. Currently we have 3 of those
students participating in 9‐12 activities.
Common Rivalries: Sauk Centre, Albany, Paynesville, LP/GE, BBE
Timeline of Conference Exclusions
Conference Placement Information
If you wish to contact Board Members or Community Members in
neighboring schools, the following points should be considered:
1. Melrose Area Schools will be placed in a conference, sometime in
October/November 2011 by the Minnesota State High School League.
2. Melrose Area Schools needs your help in securing a fall schedule for the
2012‐13 school year.
3. Please help by encouraging your district to include Melrose in the Fall 2012
4. If this was your school, you would want your students to have membership
in a conference, that is all we are asking.
5. We appreciate all your help and efforts in supporting our STUDENTS